Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 August 2014

Hello....Is it me you're looking for....?

Is it too early to start making a list of things I want to do in 2015?!


I know some people are probably thinking I should enjoy the remainder of 2014 before thinking of  

2015 but it's important to have goals that you want to achieve!

So as of August 21st 2014 my goals for 2015 *so far* are: 

1.       Run my first half marathon --> The Great Limerick Run May 2015, I’m already registered for it J

2.      Take part in and complete my first ever triathlon --> I

 e-mailed a club about 20miles away asking about joining

3.       Hopefully take part and complete the 'Hell and back'  challenge :)

4.       Complete my teacher training  degree

5.       Get a Primary school teaching job

6.       Continue to be happy and healthy

The following 2 goals are ones I want to achieve some day…maybe not in 2015 but definitely by 2016

1.       Qualify as a Zumba instructor à I already know all the details to do this just need to find the time


2.       Do an evening course on Nutrition à Course already picked out again just to find the time

Notice how I haven’t included anything about reaching my ‘ideal weight’. In December 2013 I said 

‘2014 will be my year to get to my ideal weight’ and you know what it hasn’t been!

I haven’t written a proper blog post since the end of 2013 and you want to know why? I felt ashamed, 

too ashamed to admit that I gained some weight. Also I felt like a hypocrite because I gained weight! 

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t gain ALL 5st 8.5lbs, I gained about 1.5 stone. 

This was down to a 

variety of reasons à getting injured and not exercising, a lot of parties and events, all of which were 

close together and I just never lost what I had gained during the previous get together before the next. 

Not being able to go to a WeightWatchers meeting regularly was the big problem though as I really 

need the support of the group and also the fear of being weighed in by someone else!

But and it’s a big BUTT *excuse the pun ;) *I’m like yeah that’s life, no point crying over spilt milk! 

2014 has been a great year for me apart from the weight gain

·         I’m the fittest I’ve ever been :)


·         I’ve almost 70% of my teacher training completed *roll on April 2015*

·         I’ve made some amazing friends this year

·         I had an amazing time down in the Gaeltacht with college where I felt confident in myself

  One of the many great nights in Dingle                                                              Dún Chaoin, looking out to the                                                                                                                                                              Blasket Islands

·         I’ve had people come to tell me how I’ve inspired them to make a change and get healthy :)




        · I’m happy :)


·         My facebook page ‘Adventures of a Melting Diva’ has over 600 likes à I mean 600 people actually 

took the time to look at something I started just because. Amazing feeling :)


So while I might not be where I had planned in terms of my weight, I’m where I want to be in so 

many other areas of my life, and isn’t that what is important?! What good would I be at my ‘’ideal’’ 

weight if I wasn’t happy or doing what I love?!

I’m back losing weight now which is a good thing. My fellow WeightWatchers please don’t judge me 

for this * :P * but I had to join Slimming World BECAUSE there is no evening WW meeting at home 

for me to attend. The Slimming World plan is basically the SAME as filling & healthy with a few 

differences. So while I’m being weighed in at a Slimming World class, I’m tracking using both 

systems.


If any of you lovely guys are on Instagram I post most meals *stating WW and SW values* :) You’ll 

find me at ‘Gra_Adventuresofameltingdiva’ :)


Anyway this is possible the biggest mish-mash of a blog post I have done to date and I apologise for 

that! It was very much unplanned. I decided to take a break from prepping for my Irish oral exam on 

Saturday *wish me luck, I’m super nervous* and this blog post is the end product of my break :)

I’m delighted to have written this post as now I’ll hopefully get back to blogging regularly as I’ve 

ousted my ‘shameful’ weight gain!

Isn’t it amazing how the number on the scales can really play havoc with one’s mind!  It’s awful isnt’ it!


Anyway my lovely readers, if there are any of you left since I’ve abandoned you all for soooo long, 

have a lovely day and hopefully I’ll have another post for you all soon :)


Until next time

 Grá :) 






2 comments:

  1. Love love love this post! Best of luck with SW, will be interested to see how you find it. And I love your 2015 goals... Hopefully see you at teh GLR2015 start line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John :) Will keep you updated with SW, off on hols today so God help the weigh in next week :P Hopefully indeed and hopefully I'll complete it in a somewhat reasonable time ha :) Hope you're well and enjoying married life :)

      Delete